Anna Pyles Memorial Scholarships
Scholarships: DEADLINE is JUNE 1ST 2024
OSAID is pleased to offer the Anna Pyles Memorial Scholarships valued at $500. This award is offered in memory Anna Pyles, a young woman from Owen Sound, Ontario, who was killed by an impaired driver at the age of 24.
On June 8th, 1997, she and her brother were driving on a beautiful summer afternoon and were suddenly broadsided at an intersection by a drunk driver. This person had been convicted of impaired driving three previous times and was driving with a suspended license. From that moment, the lives of her family and friends were forever affected. In her memory, OSAID offers this scholarship to a student who show exceptional effort and dedication to OSAID's mission of educating youth about the dangers of impaired and distracted driving.
This scholarship has been generously sponsored by BRAND BLVD.
Criteria to be eligible for consideration:
- You are a full time Ontario secondary school student.
- You have been actively involved in OSAID road safety awareness activities at your school.
- You have helped organize and implemented one OSAID activity or event at your school.
- You must submit a letter of support from your Principal or a teacher and the letter must refer to your OSAID work and the activity you helped to organize and run.
Application packages should contain:
- Student’s letter of application including a detailed explanation of your work with OSAID and why you feel that you are a good candidate to receive a scholarship.
- Principal or teacher’s letter of support
- Proof of OSAID activity (photos, media, etc)
ALL SUBMISSIONS TO BE SENT TO INFO@OSAID.CA